Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Day 7/8: (Aug 11/12)

The last two days of the camp were pretty uneventful hence the combination of the posts and lack of pictures. The main event of Thursday was finally getting information on the Rotary sponsored camps. This was very exciting, but also very sad. This is because we were informed that the biggest trip and one of my main reason for wanting to go to Europe has a possibility of being canceled. A.K.A. the Europe Ramble Tour. I'm not going to go in depth into what the tour all entails, but the basis of the tour is visiting a lot of famous European cities and landmarks in a span of 2-2 1/2 weeks. It's not 100% confirmed that we wouldn't have it, but the Rotarians there didn't give us a lot of hope either. They thought the tour was too expensive (the kids pay for it), wasn't fun for the kids (everyone I have talked to loved it), and that Europe isn't safe anymore. The last one I can understand to a certain extent, but we are just as likely to get hurt in some of our home countries as Europe. Also, there are obviously safer parts than other so remove and add some countries/ destinations. There are two more trips planned Are and Kiruna. Are will happen soon (I'm writing this in the way past bc I'm behind like two months and Are has already happened). Are will be camping hiking in the mountains and Kiruna is a winter excursion up to northern Sweden to see the ice hotel. 


Friday completed the week, and it was time to pack for departure. (Luckily I didn't forget anything) At this point, I wasn't starting to feel well, so most of the day was pretty miserable for me. However it did have its highlights; last day in Sundsvall proper, listening to former inmates rap (was through a government program) buying my very Swedish Fjallraven Kanken bag, a really cheap salmon dinner at a popular and expensive restaurant in Sundsvall for 60 Sek or $6.99 in USD,




No comments:

Post a Comment