Friday, July 29, 2016

Plane Rides

Today is Friday, and I left Wednesday, so I figured I should start writing blogs now before I forget what has all happened. My first flight left Fort Wayne fairly early. When I got to the airport, I was greeted by Bubbles. My flight from Fort Wayne to Atlanta was fair uneventful, but I did get upgraded to first class for free because there were seats open and I was in the same section. When I was there, I met a guy who worked for Zimmer-Biomet, this is where my cousin works, so that was cool. Also, our flight attendant was a daughter of an immigrant from Laos. She spoke Thai, which was cool because she noticed my Thai flag on my jacket from Crepe.

When I arrived in Atlanta, I quickly realized I never wanted to go there again. Atlanta to me seemed like a mess. The layout is confusing, and the signs are only semi-useful. When I was eventually able to find my flight (they didn't have it posted on any of the boards the whole time I was there) I realized it was on the opposite side of the airport. Once there they had to check my passport because I was flying internationally. Afterward, we were delayed thirty minutes because of the plane arriving late. The rest of the flight of uneventful.

When arriving in JFK it started off the best I took a short tram ride to my gate and had plenty of time, so I went to get water because I had forgotten to pack any. Five dollars for a small water welcome to supply and demand folks. I then boarded the plane without problems. Delta had overbooked the flight, so they were begging people to take a different flight. I wish I would have... This lead to the first problem we were all ready to go and then someone decided to give up their seat. That meant we had to spend forty-five minutes waiting for them to unload that person's bags. This would not have been bad, but it was very hot on the plane because of the outside temperature and the fact that we had a full plane. To make matters worse, the window had been left open in my row so it was already hotter and they didn't turn the AC on. We also weren't allowed to get up because we were going to leave soon. After we had got on the runway, I thought we were all clear!

We weren't!!!

We spent another hour and a half waiting on the runway with the same hot conditions as mentioned before. This time, it wasn't our planes fault, but someone on another plane had had a heart attack, and they had to bring an ambulance on the runway to take them to the hospital. This caused a backlog of like twenty-five planes ready to take off. Also, because of them halting air traffic, all the planes ready to land had to wait. This meant all of them had to land after the ordeal before we could take off because of fuel reasons. When we finally took off, I thought I was all clear... Nope! I had a kid behind me who thought he was a kangaroo and wolf for the whole flight. AKA he cried and kicked my seat the whole eight-hour flight...

When I finally arrived in Stockholm, it was about an hour late, and I was greeted by my host dad and brother. My host sister and mom weren't there because my host sister had been very sick and was not cleared to fly. However, we think she will be better by today, and they will fly back soon.

PS If you see photos circulating the internet of me don't be surprised because a lot of people asked for photos of me or tried to take photos of me without me noticing. (I noticed) This is obviously because they had never seen such a beautiful person and had nothing to do with my Rotary Jacket. ;)

PPS I now have a Delta Flight pin because the flight attendant liked my jacket so much that he gave me one.

1 comment: