Sunday, July 24, 2016

Random Stuff before I Leave

One of the things I was never told is how stressful packing is. Think about it! You have to pack all you clothes for one year in a 50lbs check bag; 26lbs carry on, and one person item. On top of that, you also have to pack all your gifts. Not to mention you also have to leave enough room in those bags to bring back all your stuff that you buy there. I feel especially pressured because I want to fit in clothes wise in Sweden. This is very hard because the Swedes are known to be some of the most fashionable people in the world. On top of being fashionable, you also have to stay warm, and winter clothes tend to be "slightly" heavier than clothes for hot weather. Right now I am trying to cut down on my weight of my clothes because I am at around 40lbs. of just clothes. That is not including my two new pairs of jeans, kaiki pants, and underwear (I know it doesn't way much, but still).

This brings me to my next topic which will either make you laugh or cringe. As I mentioned above the Swedes are considered very stylish. So natural I had to buy some nice jeans. Well, the jeans I bought aren't American style jeans like boot cut. No, they are European style or for you who don't know SKINNY JEANS! These two pairs of jeans are the first two pairs of full blow skinny jeans that I have ever owned. If I'm going to be 100% honest, they aren't that bad. That's because the pairs I bought are stretchy like they have spandex or something like it built in. This allows a greater range of motion than my work jeans and they are more comfortable! To commemorate this, I sent my host sister a snapchat saying, "I am a true Swede now!" She replied, "How so?" To which I said, "I have skinny jeans now!" After she laughed her Swedish butt off she told me, "Yes, you are a true Swede now!"

While on the topic of my host family I have another quick story. For those who you who don't know they have been in Alaska for quite a while. Well, they will be returning two days before I arrive in Stockholm. For this reason, my host dad, Magnus, told me it's okay if I suffer from jet lag. That is because it will give us a chance to all bond. We'll be all suffering it together after I arrive.

P.S. I relearned my first lesson about foreign exchange students and teenagers in general. Take what they say with a grain of salt. How so? Because there is no straight pride. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment